This page contains important information for teams taking part in the Hottest 7s in the World tournament in Darwin, Northern Territory.
The Team Managers Manual can be download here.
Nominations for 2013 will close on January 4th 2013.
Men’s Div 1
Men’s Div 2
The tournament organisers are in the final stages of collecting information for the purpose of seeding teams. When the final seedings, pools and draw are confirmed they will released via the Hottest 7s Facebook page and the Hottest 7s website (http://www.hottest7.com). These details will also be available on Monday 21st January as part of Tournament Update 3. All registered teams will be sent a list of the final seedings, pools and completed draw.
If any teams would like to add the name of a sponsor to their team name, tournament organisers will endeavour to use this title in all media releases and competition documents. Eg. Wisdom Country King Brown’s, Kombat Cougars. Please contact me with any variations of team name from the registration forms completed.
Matches will commence at 9am on each day of play, Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th.
The Pre-tournament Manager’s Meeting will be held at 6pm on Friday 25th January in the Litchfield Room at the Holiday Inn Esplanade.
• This meeting will only take 1 hour, please arrive promptly and ensure each team is represented by a team manager or delegated representative.
Tickets are still available to the Hottest 7s Luncheon on Friday 25th, 12.30pm to 4pm. Tickets are $160 each and include a 3 course lunch, beverages and entertainment. Former Wallaby great Brendon Cannon and ex All Black winger Stu Wilson will feature as Guest Speakers.
• Please contact NTRU Office for more information 08 8945 1444.
Each team will be provided a team pack prior to the tournament, including player accreditation passes, a venue parking pass and assorted tournament merchandise. These packs may be collected from the NTRU office (Abala Rd Marrara) in the lead-up to the tournament, or may be collected at the Manager’s Meeting on Friday. ALL teams must make arrangement to collect their packs prior to Saturday 26 January.
The tournament is happy to provide Interstate and International teams with a Team Liaison for the duration of the tournament. If your team would like to be appointed a Liaison, please email Sue Earle (email@example.com), and provide a team contact, and flight and accommodation details.
Rugby Park (Abala Rd, Marrara) field 2 is available for teams to train in the lead-up to the tournament. If your team would like to book a session, please email me with a requested date and time. In most cases requests can be accommodated, however only one field is available and preference will be given to the first teams to make bookings.
The Hottest 7s tournament will take place at NTRU’s facility, located at 71 Abala Rd, Marrara. Abala Rd intersects Henry Wrigley Dr, which leads to Darwin Airport. A map can be found at http://my247.com.au/darwin/Austar-Rugby-Park.577759
A team of experienced and qualified medical staff have been employed to cover the tournament. Sports Trainers, Physiotherapists and Doctors will be on site at all times throughout the event to treat injured players.
• The Sports Trainers and Physiotherapists are willing to strap players prior to matches, however players must provide their own tape. The tournament will provide strapping tape only for treatment of acute injuries, not for pre-game strapping.
• In cases of serious injury, the Doctor on duty will have final say regarding return to play or referral to medical specialists.
• Darwin Hospital is approximately 15 minutes drive from the playing venue.
The division of the $65,000 prizemoney has been determined. The winner of the Croc (Men’s Cup) competition will take home $22,000.
All matches played on field 1 will be recorded, and DVDs available to purchase for $10 each shortly after the completion of each match. A designated volunteer will be responsible for taking orders, collecting money and delivering DVDs to teams.
• Orders for Saturday’s DVDs must be made on Friday night at the Manager’s Meeting. Teams will have a draw by this stage and can determine which matches on field 1 they would like to purchase.
• DVD orders for the knock-out stages on Sunday will be taken match by match, and can be made through Laura.
• More information on DVDs will be available at the Manager’s Meeting
In line with the Australian Rugby Union’s 2 Year Window policy, any player who has not yet turned 18 years of age must completed 2YW form prior to participating in the tournament. Completed forms may be submitted to me prior to the tournament or at the Manager’s Meeting. Forms must be signed by an ARU Level 2 coach and the player’s parent/guardian.
All international teams must apply for a tour clearance prior to arriving in Australia. This form can be found on the ARU website at http://www.rugby.com.au/tryrugby/Administration/RugbyTours.aspx. Contact Leesa Pogson with any questions Leesa.Pogson@rugby.com.au
For those teams interested in sightseeing while in the Top End, Territory Discoveries have assembled a number of suggested tours and day trips. Please find attached a flyer with prices and details, direct any inquiries to Stuart Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A reminder that information will be regularly posted on the Hottest 7s tournament website and Facebook page. Keep an eye on both to receive the most up to date information.
• The tournament’s web page can be found at http://www.hottest7s.com
• Please ‘like’ the tournament’s facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560560355&ref=pymk#!/hottest7sintheworld)